Graphic Artist – (1803608)
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 6 Months
: Aug 2, 2018, 11:07:12 AM
: Aug 16, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
: AF_NGA Nigeria
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The main objective of the post is to support the communications unit with graphic designs of relevant communication products to both equip the populations and improve WHO’s image before the public. The incumbent will be required to conceptualize communication products, creatively design and promote WHO visibility as the lead of the UN health sector.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the supervision of the Communication Officer and over all guidance of Emergency Manager, the incumbent will under take the following specific tasks:
- Design and layout all print communication materials including banners, posters leaflets
- Follow up with vendors on the production of all communication materials to meet deadlines
- Create and maintain photo library accessible to all staff to upload and download photos for presentation and reports
- Set up and monitor news alerts for critical reports about WHO humanitarian response in the North East, Nigeria
- Provides logistics, clerical and administrative support during communication related meetings and workshops, assignments and related events
- Provide photographic coverage of all public events organized & supported by WHO
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by the communications officer
Essential: Completion of Secondary education, preferably supplemented with training in graphic design, computer applications and design from a recognized higher institution.
Desirable: University degree or Diploma in graphic design from a recognized higher institution with training in computer applications and design would be an added advantage.
Essential: At least 2 years working experience in the handling of health related graphic designs for the UN or any other international organization.
Desirable: Experience in data collection, analysis and use of health information to produce behavioural change communication products
- Basic knowledge of graphic softwares and prgrammes including corel draw
- Sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background.