Lead Design Engineer (Engineer, Design Engineer)
Salary: Highly Competitive
The technology and systems expertise offered by Thales’s Transportation team powers safe, reliable and efficient services to rail networks the world over. In the UK, we deliver advanced signalling, supervision and control, integrated communications, security and information systems for urban rail, mainline rail and road networks. And as we continue to grow our business, we need more talent to join us in making Britain better connected.
Purpose of the Lead Design Engineer (Engineer, Design Engineer) role:
Lead a (virtual) radio design team in assuring compliance to a defined design process and ensuring that the design conforms to client requirements including quoted standards and specifications. The compliance to relevant statutory documentation is mandatory. Be responsible for the management of design production, design estimates, design programs and design work packages for bids, projects and services to contract requirements, standards, budget, and on-time delivery.
Skills of the Lead Design Engineer (Engineer, Design Engineer):
• Has a sound ability to use design tools to produce complex designs.
• Has a working knowledge of the CDM regulations.
• Can manage Configuration control.
• Can manage a design through a defined design process.
• Can produce metrics as part of Quality assurance & control.
• Working knowledge of project plans.
• Has a working knowledge of Engineering Safety Management
Experience of the Lead Design Engineer (Engineer, Design Engineer):
• A proven record of working in a radio engineering environment.
• Has a full understanding of the Engineering lifecycle and its processes.
• Has demonstrated design capabilities to at least a Supervisor level for one skill set and practitioner level for one or more key skill as captured and managed via the competency and capability management system.
• Has performed or is capable of performing one or more of the roles to the level identified within the role table at the relevant level of responsibility.
• Has supported others in key skills development and shares knowledge.
• Has demonstrable experience of or is capable of technically managing the interface to sub-contractors or partners.
“Diversity is a strategic topic for Thales. It will help us foster innovation and creativity through a greater variety of approaches, perspectives and ideas.”
To apply for the Lead Design Engineer (Engineer, Design Engineer) role, please click the ‘Apply now’ button.
|Telephone||(Please reference Dice when calling)|
Click here to apply: http://uk.dice.com/?Mode=AdvertView&AdvertId=9994952&SearchTerms=Any&JobTypeFilter=2&xc=1&utm_source=jbe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jbe&lang=en&utm_source=jbe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jbe&llv=343a26d2ea8e06941652b488248d5a740c160224_Ez7n_PmlEv_PmlEp