The Introduction to Data Science class will survey the foundational topics in data science, namely:
- Data Manipulation
- Data Analysis with Statistics
- Data Communication with Information Visualization
- Data at Scale — Working with Big Data
The class will focus on breadth and present the topics briefly instead of focusing on a single topic in depth. This will give you the opportunity to sample and apply the basic techniques of data science.
Prerequisites and Requirements
The ideal students for this class are prepared individuals who have:
- Strong interest in data science
- Background in intro level statistics
- Python programming experience
- Or understanding of programming concepts such as variables, functions, loops, and basic python data structures like lists and dictionaries
Why Take This Course
You will have an opportunity to work through a data science project end to end, from analyzing a dataset to visualizing and communicating your data analysis.
Through working on the class project, you will be exposed to and understand the skills that are needed to become a data scientist yourself.